pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] pan2 problems on freebsd 6.0

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] pan2 problems on freebsd 6.0
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:15:32 -0500

On Sep 11, 2005, at 1:19 PM, bob self wrote:

I got the cvs source for pan and gnome-common, but I couldn't get gnome-common to build, so I hope that the new version will be available as a FreeBSD 6.0 port. I put pan in /home/user/pan and gnome-common in home/user/gnome- common.

./autogen.sh for gnome-common said:

shift: can't shift that many
Checking for forbidden M4 macros...

I don't know what that means.

There is something about the way Gnome installs on FreeBSD which disagrees with the version of pan in CVS. The older bundled .tgz distributions build well under the FreeBSD ports system.

In FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE I don't get the error Bob gets. It breaks trying to find automake-1.4 when the installed version is named automake14. For some reason it chose 1.4 over 1.5 and 1.9 which are also installed. Created a symbolic link and got past that one.

Maybe to get that far ACLOCALS_FLAGS needed to be set.

After finding those 3 or 4 things I tired of the effort.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden