pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: List Request

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: List Request
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 02:01:58 -0700

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:19:29 -0800, Travis wrote:

> My ISP *does* *not* drop any messages from the pan listserve.  My ISP
> filters on the from address not the content.

That's all well and fine; but the spam is being sent to the list.  The
from address clearly isn't passing your ISP's filters, which is fine for
you but not for the rest of us.

Hence the reason I asked that the subscription be configured to require
subscription in order to post to the list.  I don't see why there has to
be a debate about whether they are there or not - they are.  None of the
other gmane.org groups that I subscribe to receive any spam at all, but
the pan lists do.

Jim