pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: scorefile in 0.14.2.91

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: scorefile in 0.14.2.91
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:11:18 +0000 (UTC)

Ed Goforth <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 16 Jul 2006
02:00:11 -0400:

> Now that I've figured out just how much it can do for me, I love the
> score file.  What I'm hoping for is some mechanism to help me debug mine
> (it's gotten quite large).  So, a couple of questions (about 0.14.2.91):
>
> 1. Is there any way to tell which rule was applied to a certain message?

I see you found view article's scores. =8^)

> 2. Is there any way to trace the filtering (doesn't have to be anything
> fancy)?
>
> 3. I see that Pan surrounds each rule with %BOS and %EOS.  Does it place
> any significance in these or are they just for readability.

They're just readability.  In fact, the leading % indicates a comment.
Here, I actually delete most comments and blank lines, shrinking the
line-count dramatically.

> and one about the 0.1xx series:
>
> 3. Does the 0.1xx series implement some sort of rule-debugging/tracing?

While I use 0.1xx, I haven't transferred my score file or otherwise
attempted scoring yet, so can't answer much on scores with it.

You /can/ use the same score file, however, for both.  The format is the
same.