pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: scorefile in 0.14.2.91

From: Ed Goforth
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: scorefile in 0.14.2.91
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 04:18:47 -0400

Duncan wrote:
> Charles Kerr <address@hidden> posted
> address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 17 Jul 2006
> 17:56:17 -0500:

>> Yes, though not a major one.
>> %BOS and %EOS are used by the scorefile-tidying utility "cleanscore".
>
> Cool!  Both those factors are new  to me! =8^)
>
> Is cleanscore shipped as a separate package?  I don't see it in the Gentoo
> tree.  Is it part of slrn or something else?  It doesn't appear to be part

Yup, it appears to be part of slrn:
http://slrn.sourceforge.net/cleanscore/index.html

"If you heavily use slrn's scoring capabilities, your scorefile will
soon become large and confusing, so you will want to remove expired
entries on a regular basis. This perl script can be used to purge
expired entries automatically, e.g. by calling it from cron.daily."

> of the pan build (unless it is built with a separate make target or
> something).

Ed