pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] scorefile in 0.14.2.91

From: Ed Goforth
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] scorefile in 0.14.2.91
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 02:35:41 -0400

And a follow-up question on the "Articles -> Create Score" interface.
It always shows the option for "contains" grayed out for the Author
field.  If I write a rule by hand like

%BOS
[*]
Score: =-9999
  From: aol.com
%EOS

will Pan's scorefile parser barf?  Is this a legal rule?

Ed Goforth wrote:
> Now that I've figured out just how much it can do for me, I love the
> score file.  What I'm hoping for is some mechanism to help me debug mine
> (it's gotten quite large).  So, a couple of questions (about 0.14.2.91):
>
> 1. Is there any way to tell which rule was applied to a certain message?

Well, if I had spent more than 1 minute, I guess I would have seen the
obvious "Articles -> View Article's Scores" entry right there on the
menu.  Sorry for the bother.

> 2. Is there any way to trace the filtering (doesn't have to be anything
> fancy)?

But I still think this could be useful to see the actions in bulk.

> 3. I see that Pan surrounds each rule with %BOS and %EOS.  Does it place
> any significance in these or are they just for readability.
>
> and one about the 0.1xx series:
>
> 3. Does the 0.1xx series implement some sort of rule-debugging/tracing?
>
> Thanks for a great piece of software.  I'm sorry that I haven't had time
> to help with the 0.1xx wringing out.
>
> Ed

Thanks again,
Ed