pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ! wants to D/L half-Million headers back to 2002 !

From: crglur
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ! wants to D/L half-Million headers back to 2002 !
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 05:53:38 +0200 (SAST)

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:56:39 +0200, crglur-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w wrote:

> > On several of my groups pan is trying to download over 500'000
> > headers. And on one group which I aborted the header D/L,
> > only 2002 headers are present.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong ?
>
> You're using an old version of Pan.

Anticipating this, I repeatedly mentioned that I'm using V 0.14.2

> When faced with an empty group, 0.103 pops up a dialog to ask the
> user whether to:
>
>  (1) download the last N day's headers,
>  (2) download all new headers in the group,
>  (3) download all headers in the group, or
>  (4) download the newest N headers.

I'd be more willing to beta-test 0.103 if I saw an honest admission
of the problem by other users.  So far I mostly get implications
that only I imagine these problems.

> The default value in the dialog is to download
> the last 7 days' headers.

Well that would have avoided the problem.

BTW does V 0.14.2 email properly ?
As I remember the default port was 25. Is that right ?
OTOH I'm not sure that I've ever emailed with the linux installation
  that runs pan.  I suppose it uses sendmail ?

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.

======== script to mudge Tx-URL & post==
System.CopyFiles  Oberon.TextPan => Oberon.Text ~
Mail.Send  X1 ~