pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Debugging Pan with gdb

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Debugging Pan with gdb
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:00:05 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:01:18 -0400, Douglas Bollinger wrote:
.
.
.
> Does having my entire system (and espcially the gtk libs) compiled with
> -fomit-frame-pointer pretty much render my system useless for debugging?

That's what I've read, yes.  OTOH, man gcc says that -fomit-frame-pointer
is automatically enabled by any level of -O (optimization), so this makes
the whole subject a bit confusing.

My guess is that re-compiling your gtk package with -g added to your
CFLAGS variable might give you a better-looking backtrace.  It should
only take a few minutes to find out, anyway.