pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Debugging Pan with gdb

From: Douglas Bollinger
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Debugging Pan with gdb
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:20:44 -0400

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:22:02 -0500 (CDT)
"Charles Kerr" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Duncan is absolutely right about -g, though I'd go further and recommend
> adding -ggdb3 to your CFLAGS before compiling glib/atk/pango/gtk/gmime.
>
> Likewise I'd add -ggdb3 to your CXXFLAGS before compiling Pan.
> For Pan + gcc 4.x I use: % CXXFLAGS="-ggdb3 -Os -Wall" ./configure,
> and replace "-Os" with "-O" for older gcc's or when using valgrind.

Thanks for bearing with me on this, guys.  This is all new territory for me.

OK, I recompiled gtk+ and pan with the -ggdb3 flag and without
-fomit-frame-pointer.  Of course, now silly Pan won't crash for me. :P

Tomorrow some more new headers should be available and grabbing new headers is
what seems to trigger the problem.  If it won't crash tomorrow, perhaps it's
something odd in my system that only Pan can trigger.  Then it's time for a
emerge -Dupve world to clean the cruft.

--
We can found no scientific discipline, nor a healthy profession on the
technical mistakes of the Department of Defense and IBM.