pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Problem w 0.111

From: Bruce Bowler
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Problem w 0.111
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 18:18:51 -0400 (EDT)

> Starting with 0.111, (Win XP MCE, pan D/L'ed today from
> http://panbuilds.googlepages.com/), when I start up pan, the queue gets
> filled with groups to update, they appear not to do anything (task list
> says "get new headers for {fill in group names}") but... if I delete the
> tasks from the task list, "hey presto" there are lots of new items in the
> groups.
>
> I didn't see this behaviour in 0.110 or prior.
>
> Is it me or are others seeing this behaviour?

Minor update...

When I posted yesterday, I was listing the contents of the "queue window"
from memory.  Today, I'll cut and paste... (rats, I can't, but I'll type
"verbatim"

     Getting new headers for "alt.os.linux.ubuntu"
     100% Done; Queued

Where a.o.l.u is replaced as needed by any of the groups I subscribe to.

Still, deleting the entry from the queue updates the unread count in the
group pane.  This is, so far, 100% reproducable on my Windows version of
pan, 0.111

Bruce