pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] How's 0.112 working for you?

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] How's 0.112 working for you?
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:25:06 -0500

On Sep 16, 2006, at 1:04 PM, Brian Pack wrote:

If I know I'm going to go back and read a group later, I absolutely *must* close Pan before I go back and do anything else. I've lost count at how many times I've been browsing the 20th newsgroup of a session, only to have Pan crash without warning, and forgetting everything it's done over the last
hour.

That is a problem I too have had. That I'd like a way to force pan to flush/sync its working buffers with disk as if it had quit. For the same reasons you quote, so as not to lose my place in a newsgroup when pan crashes. Of course it would be better if pan were not to crash, but even .91 can be crashed on occasion. Select a range of about 500,000 articles in a newsgroup, then delete, usually does it for me. Using the menu entry to delete all of a newsgroup's articles is much faster and does not crash.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden