pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: How's 0.112 working for you?

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: How's 0.112 working for you?
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 00:23:25 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:00:16 -0500, Charles Kerr wrote:

>>> I've attached a patch for this in
>>> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=72912&action=view .

>> Thanks for working on this, Charles.  I tried the patch but nothing
>> changed -- the 'Custom Path' is still pre-selected.

> And then after you change it, the setting sticks.

Ah!  Yes, I see that it works just the way you say.

I'd like to hear other opinions about this, but my preference would
be to have the setting stuck on 'Group's Default Path' every time
I click on 'Save Articles'.  The reason is that I almost never want
to save anything to a non-default path, and yet the setting sticks
across different newsgroups as well as across different articles.

Your patch is a big improvement and should definitely go into rc1,
IMO, but I'd like to hear from other critics (you know who you are!)
before the final decision.

Thanks, Charles!