pan-users

[Pan-users] FQDN and hostname

From: Thufir
Subject: [Pan-users] FQDN and hostname
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:37:42 +0100

I set up a FQDN for leafnode for the purpose of posting, but now realize
that my posts have "gmail.com" in the message-id, instead of my FQDN.

my hostname:

address@hidden ~]$
address@hidden ~]$ hostname
arrakis.homelinux.org
address@hidden ~]$
address@hidden ~]$ telnet localhost nntp
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.11.5 running at arrakis.homelinux.org (my
fqdn: arrakis.homelinux.org)
^]

telnet> quit
Connection closed.
address@hidden ~]$
address@hidden ~]$ date
Thu Sep 21 21:35:15 IST 2006
address@hidden ~]$
address@hidden ~]$

Is this a pan or leafnode problem?  I'm fairly sure that pan is generating
the message-id, when, perhaps, it's best left to leafnode...?

Or, is it not a problem?

thanks,

Thufir