pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: FQDN and hostname

From: Thufir
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: FQDN and hostname
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 01:55:25 +0100

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 00:02:45 +0000, walt wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:37:42 +0100, Thufir wrote:
>

>> Is this a pan or leafnode problem?  I'm fairly sure that pan is generating
>> the message-id, when, perhaps, it's best left to leafnode...?
>
> Based on my quick tests just now, I'd say that pan is letting the server
> generate the message ID.  In my case, the MID reflects which server I'm
> using to post.  I'm posting this message thru gmane, so I would expect
> that my MID for this message will indicate gmane, of course.
>
> Other opinions?

The message id domain name can be configured from tools > posting profiles...

I entered a domain name of "arrakis.homelinux.org" to reflect my FQDN,
rather than a domain name of "google.com", which I don't own.  I'd rather
pan didn't generate a message id at all, and left that up to leafnode, but...

In any event, problem solved :)

-Thufir