pan-users

[Pan-users] One confusing thing about the 'group search' widget

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] One confusing thing about the 'group search' widget
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 00:32:04 +0000 (UTC)

I know that, technically speaking, this problem is PEBKAC ;o)

However, I've been caught by this same irritation so many times
that I thought I'd invite other opinions.

The only time I search for group names in the Group Pane is
when I want to investigate a group I'm not already subscribed
to.  (I have a very short 'Subscribed' list -- so no need to
search it.)

So.  I type alt.foo in the search widget, and then start reading
alt.foo in the headers pane, and all is good.

But, when I return to my usual 'subscribed' groups, the list
of subscribed groups is blank -- because alt.foo is not in my
list of subscribed groups, yet 'alt.foo' is still in the group-
search widget.

IMO, the group-search widget should be blanked out any time
I return to the Groups Pane.  My reason for searching for
alt.foo is gone -- I've already found it and decided not to
subscribe.

Any contrary opinions?