pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.114 memory usage

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.114 memory usage
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:36:32 -0500

On Sep 27, 2006, at 3:17 AM, Csv4Me2 wrote:

Yeah, I second that. Handling extremely groups should be possible on machines with a small memory footprint, say 512 Mb. That will probably mean a major
overhaul in how pan manages loading, sorting and aggregating all those
multiparts. And perhaps Charles will make that choice, I hope he does.

How many years ago was the discussion centering on using a SQL database to handle the metadata? :-)

On-disk storage would solve the memory footprint problem but come at the price of much slower response time.

I think you should try 0.14.2.91 and find 2e6 to 2.5e6 messages was about the limit with a 2GB process size limit. 0.114 is two to three times more efficient. So at least one "major overhaul" has recently happened. Thanks Charles!

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden