pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Some remarks about the user interface

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Some remarks about the user interface
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:30:28 -0500

On Sep 29, 2006, at 8:09 PM, jef_e wrote:

Would you explain how you drag-select and what that accomplishes, please?

Basically, in the Header pane, you click and hold on an article, then
drag your mouse down (or up) the list of headers, stopping wherever you
please.

I find it most convenient for multipart articles that I want. Click- hold
on part 1, then drag until I get to the last part. Let go, then right
click and save them. No need to touch the keyboard as with the
Shift-select or ctrl-select.

Yeah, what Jef_e said.

Click-hold-drag-release vs Click-release-move-Shift-Click

The end result is the same, its just that click-drag is simpler and widely implemented elsewhere, including most places in old-pan. IIRC click-drag does not work in old pan's Task Manager list.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden