pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Some remarks about the user interface

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Some remarks about the user interface
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:30:59 +0200

Thanks for the replies so far. I'll file some bug reports, as suggested,
but probably it'll be after the weekend.

On Wed 27 Sep 2006 at 19:23:49 -0500, David Kelly wrote:
> components. Think it was "download text" which would download all the
> articles available and then one had to yydecode externally. If the
> article was not listed in headers then pan 0.14 would assemble
> whatever it had and leave the job of repair to par2.

Speaking of ydecoding: there was a problem with 0.14, and I haven't been
able to check if it is still a problem.

The issue was that the offset of the data (ybegin=12345 or something like
that) is ignored; the decoded data from all parts is just concatenated,
even if that results in duplicate data (which may occur, I have even
seen partially overlapping parts in one or two cases), and if there were
missing parts the corresponding "hole" in the output between the
existing data wasn't there either.  As a standalone ydecoder I use
something very much like
http://www.yenc.org/download/ydec-schellenberger.zip which solves this
just fine.

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.