pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANNOUNCE: pan-attach and pan-attach-kd, version 0.0.2006

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANNOUNCE: pan-attach and pan-attach-kd, version 0.0.2006.10.07.0
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:50:20 +0000 (UTC)

Mike <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Wed, 11 Oct
2006 17:18:20 +0100:

> I must admit, nearly every time I do an update via MCC I spot packages
> where I ask myself just why I've got them and promise myself I'll get rid
> of them 'soon'. The trouble is, my calendar doesn't have a day called
> 'soon' anywhere on it. :(

=8^)  I can identify.  At least with Gentoo, however, you know that every
package that's installed means a compile of it and possibly dependencies
every time there's an update.  That means every time you see something on
the update list is a chance to remove it, as doing so is almost certainly
going to be faster than compiling the update.  For things like knode that
have been updated several times since I used it once, and where an update
usually comes with an update (and compile) of most of the hundred-ish
other KDE packages I have installed since KDE bumps versions of all their
core packages at once, that's a pretty big cost.

BTW, it's unmerged, now, and pan 0.116 is merged.  =8^)