pan-users

RE: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.120 only queuing tasks

From: Richard Sweeney
Subject: RE: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.120 only queuing tasks
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:55:02 +0000

> I reinstalled Pan after doing a fresh upgrade to Feisty. When I started
> it up I was prompted to enter the news server information which I did.
> However, the Task window lists 1 task which says
>
> Getting group list from "server-name" Queued
>
> Is there any way I can make the task start?

Assuming you aren't offline (either in pan, see the file menu, or in
general, not connected to the net), click the redo button.  If it does
nothing, perhaps you've misconfigured the server info and it can't
connect, so the task just sits there.

BTW, 0.120 is slightly old.  There have been a number of bugs fixed since
then.  0.128 is the newest.  See the pan homepage
( http://pan.rebelbase.com ) for downloads.  It says 0.127 the latest for
Ubuntu there but AFAIK that's outdated as both guys announced 0.128 was
up on their respective sites.

OK, I'll get a more recent version from the site and give that a go.

Thanks for you help

Richard