pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.120 only queuing tasks

From: Frederik Himpe
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.120 only queuing tasks
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:14:05 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:17:09 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> "Richard Sweeney" <address@hidden>
> posted address@hidden,
> excerpted below, on Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:16:00 +0000:
>
>> I reinstalled Pan after doing a fresh upgrade to Feisty. When I started
>> it up I was prompted to enter the news server information which I did.
>> However, the Task window lists 1 task which says
>>
>> Getting group list from "server-name" Queued
>>
>> Is there any way I can make the task start?
>
> Assuming you aren't offline (either in pan, see the file menu, or in
> general, not connected to the net), click the redo button.  If it does
> nothing, perhaps you've misconfigured the server info and it can't
> connect, so the task just sits there.

I seem to have a similar problem. I'm using Pan 0.128, and I see the
problem especially when using news.gmane.org in the evening (CEST) or in
the week-end, probably when that server is higly loaded.

I click on a newsgroup, and in the taskbar it first says "Tasks: 1/1",
and after some time, it becomes "Tasks: 0/1". At this point no new
headers in the group appear. When I click on the "Task" message in the
status bar, I see the status is "Queued". If I delete the task, suddenly
all new messages appear, and everything is working well.

I guess this should be fairly easy to reproduce for everyone with
news.gmane.org

--
Frederik