pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.120 only queuing tasks

From: Frederik Himpe
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.120 only queuing tasks
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:14:10 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 20:50:43 -0500, Charles Kerr wrote:

> Frederik Himpe wrote:
>
>> I seem to have a similar problem. I'm using Pan 0.128, and I see the
>> problem especially when using news.gmane.org in the evening (CEST) or
>> in the week-end, probably when that server is higly loaded.
>>
>> I click on a newsgroup, and in the taskbar it first says "Tasks: 1/1",
>> and after some time, it becomes "Tasks: 0/1". At this point no new
>> headers in the group appear. When I click on the "Task" message in the
>> status bar, I see the status is "Queued". If I delete the task,
>> suddenly all new messages appear, and everything is working well.
>
> This sounds like bug #432289, which is fixed and checked in for 0.129.

I hope this is indeed that problem. On the other hand, that one seems to
happen when decoding files, which AFAIK is not the case here (text-only
groups on news.gmane.org).

I really hope this will be fixed. I have it happening really always now
that I have to delete the task before new articles appear in any group on
news.gmane.org, and this makes pan surely a PITA. At least a timeout
mechanism which would stop tasks from becoming stuck eternally would be
interesting (where a timeout of 5 seconds would already be more than
enough for me).

--
Frederik Himpe