pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.129 - a few minor issues

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.129 - a few minor issues
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 13:02:37 -0600

On 5/12/07, Charles Kerr <address@hidden> wrote:
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Just built and installed 0.129 and overall I like it a lot - thanks for
> all the hard work, Charles!
>
> I've noticed a few odd things, though:
>
> 1.  Sometimes when I pull down new messages, I see the new message header
> count in the newsgroup list, and if I go through all of the messages that
> are unread, Pan tells me that there is still an unread message.  I've
> assigned a hotkey to the "read/unread" item in the header view menu, and
> if I show all messages and then immediately show the unread messages, the
> remaining unread messages show up.  There doesn't seem to be a pattern to
> this behaviour, at least not that I can see.

Please file a new bugzilla ticket for this -- and for most of the other
items on this list.  I'll never be able to keep track of them otherwise.
:)

Bug #442138 filed.

> 4.  I like how the posting profile is determined automatically most of
> the time - it would be nice, though, if a posting profile could be used
> on multiple servers - I use the same name and fake e-mail address on two
> servers, and have two profiles set up for that purpose now.  Not a big
> deal now that it's set up, but it took a minute to figure out why I was
> receiving an error while trying to post.  Maybe the posting server could
> be set to use the server hosting the group (or a primary server hosting
> the group if you're subscribed to multiple servers holding the same
> group) with the posting profile selection being able to override what Pan
> figures out on its own.
>
> 5.  It would be helpful if the scores for a thread were calculated and
> that value displayed when a thread is not expanded.

It's coded to do that, unless it's broken recently.
Please file a ticket for this too.

Bug #442140 submitted for #4, Bug #442141 for #5.

> 6.  I also have to say I preferred in 0.14.x when the entire line in the
> header pane was colour coded, rather than just the score column.

File a ticket. :)

Bug #442145 filed.

All of these are filed against 0.131.