pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] FAQ: List of most heavily requested features, now target

From: Bruce Bowler
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] FAQ: List of most heavily requested features, now targeted at 1.1 stable
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:26:07 -0400

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 03:15:13 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <address@hidden> put fingers to keyboard and said:

> It occurs to me that I've not seen an all-in-one-place listing of the
> most heavily requested features, with Charles agreeing they make sense,
> but which would now be targeted at 1.1 stable (after the next stable,
> 1.0).  Perhaps it's time to change that. =8^)

[snip]

> 3) Printing
>
> Charles plans on reimplementing printing, using the new GTK+ printing
> features.

Rather than "locking us into" GTK+ printing, I'd request that Charles
look at the way the mailer Sylpheed does it.  That app has an option to
send the message to an external program, such as enscript, to print it
"pretty".

and frequently (at least by me :-) requested enhancement #4

4) "send article".  Again, I'd be happy if, rather than pan dealing with
the protocols, it handed the job off to something else by way of a
command line that I could specify.

Bruce

--
Bruce Bowler        | The world isn't the way it used to be... perhaps it