pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: few questions about new design of Pan

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: few questions about new design of Pan
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:18:45 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:26:08 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:

>> 1-while going to group with new messages and pressing then N it goes to
>> new message but it does not display it - being in this group already
>> and pressing N again it goes to next new message and now it reads it -
>> strange right ?
>>

> Is the message already cached?  When I hit n it takes me to the next
> message and downloads it.   Are you talking about the first time you
> enter a group only?

I've been meaning to mention this one myself as well - it's upon entering
a new group, press 'n' to go to the first unread message, and it doesn't
load it.  Press 'n' again, and it will.  Press 'n' to go through all the
unread messages, and when it returns to the first message, you can read
it.

Pressing 'n' and then 'enter' will cause the first message to read.

A variation - in binary groups with images, sometimes the first message
being binary (like on news.povray.org in povray.binaries.images),
sometimes if you press 'n' and the first message contains just an image
(and no text), Pan opens a dialog to save the attached image, rather than
just reading the next message and hitting 'v' will cause it to load
properly.

Jim