pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Gettext errors when compiling 0.131

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Gettext errors when compiling 0.131
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 23:59:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:20:11 +0000, Benjamin Esham wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm running Mac OS X with Fink...error: libintl.h: No such file...
>
> I have reinstalled and rebuilt every gettext and glib package available,
> as well as any other relevant packages I could think of...

Sadly, I'm too cheap to buy a Mac.  But on gentoo and ubuntu linux,
libintl.h is installed as part of the glibc package.  Most linux distros
separate the header files into a separate 'dev' package because headers
are useful only to people who compile things.  E.g. ubuntu installs
libintl.h in the libc-dev package.

My guess is that the Mac team does the same 'dev' thing.  I'd look in
either libc-dev or gettext-dev (or the Mac equivalent).