pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan error part_mid_buf_len' failed.

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan error part_mid_buf_len' failed.
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 00:31:41 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:15:26 +0000, Keith Richie wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 8:06 PM, walt
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 09:49:04 +0000, Keith Richie wrote:
>>
>>  > I'm using 0.132 from CVS with the image and nzb patch included.
>>
>>  Hi Keith,
>>
>>  Afraid I can't fix the bug for you, but I'm curious which patches you
>>  refer to.
>
> There were patches commited and merged to svn that fixed the jpeg/image
> display error. Where sometimes images would only display the first part.

Yes, I know that bug very well but AFAIK the patches were applied only by
some binary distributors and not committed to svn.  Anyone know for sure?
(That patch is no longer needed, BTW.)

> In this list, there are discussions about it. I believe it was to do
> with a gdk-pixbuf and GMime error...

Yes, that was a gdk-pixbuf bug that was fixed somewhere between gtk2
2.12.5 and 2.12.6.  Anyone running gtk2 later than that should be okay.

> The nzb patch fixed loading some nzb's that were out of order.

Somehow I missed that one, thanks.

> Here's the info from the changelog
>
> 447680 handle nzb files whose parts are in the wrong order (Benjamin
> Charron) 426377 workaround for GMime bug that won't show multipart
> images (Mike)
>

> Duncan nailed the issue, as expected ---- Thank You!!!

Of course.  That's why I didn't try to answer your question :o)

> It was indeed unusual characters in the subject.

No polished app should be confused by unexpected user input -- that's
how many security exploits do their dirty work.  If you can show us the
guilty character string perhaps it can be fixed.  Or a bug filed at the
very least.