pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Connections

From: Greg Lee
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Connections
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 20:12:47 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 13:19:33 -0400, Timothy J. Hamilton wrote:

> After exiting Pan, when I check the server connections in "edit news
> servers", Pan shows a maximum of 4 connections. Further, when I reopen
> servers.xml after closing Pan, the connection limit in servers.xml  is
> reset to 4.

That used to happen to me, too.  I'd set it to 8, then Pan would just
set it back to 4.  In fact, I complained about it here, then when
someone questioned whether Pan would really do that, I re-checked
my working Pan to see.  This time, after I set the number of
connections up to 8, it stayed at 8.  Rather embarassing.

I don't know what's going on there.  As a wild guess, the
server is giving Pan information about what the max is, and
that information doesn't always correspond with what is
advertised for the server.

--
Greg