pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: How do I email myself a whole thread??

From: Holger Hoffstaette
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: How do I email myself a whole thread??
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 17:58:31 +0200

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 14:34:34 +0000, Beartooth wrote:

>       One of the other lists I follow on gmane has a whole great long
> thread that I want to put in a safe place against the day I find time to
> read it. My email inbox ought to be such a place; is there a way to email
> the whole thread en masse, and not have to go down all the posts one by
> one??

Ah yes, the mystery of chessboxing..I mean saving news to email.
I have been doing the following for a long time:

--snip--

$cat /etc/cron.hourly/deliver-sent
#!/bin/sh

USER=holger
DIR=/home/$USER/.pan/sent/
DELIVER=/usr/lib/cyrus/deliver

MSGS=`find $DIR -name '*.msg'`

for msg in $MSGS
do
        $DELIVER $USER < $msg
        rm -f $msg
done

--snip--

Then all you need to do do is mark all messages and select "copy to folder ->
pan.sent"; at the next schedule they land in your inbox, just like email.
The downside is that this only works in old pan. :(

This likely needs to be customized to your local email setup, but maybe it
gives you some inspriation.

Holger