pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: How do I email myself a whole thread??

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: How do I email myself a whole thread??
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 16:58:43 +0000 (UTC)

"Holger Hoffstaette" <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 17:58:31 +0200:

> Then all you need to do do is mark all messages and select "copy to
> folder -> pan.sent"; at the next schedule they land in your inbox, just
> like email. The downside is that this only works in old pan. :(

Indeed, only in old-pan.  New pan doesn't have folders, and from
Beartooth's headers (he's using gmane's list2news to view the list as a
group, as am I):

Beartooth, if there's a way to do it directly, I'm not aware of it.

Now there's something that'll do it, sort of, but I'm not sure it's going
to do what you want:

Select the thread in pan and do a save-as.  In the resulting dialog,
choose text, and point it at an appropriate directory.  You'll have all
the messages saved there in raw text format, complete with any
attachments they may have had.  Depending on how you plan to use them,
this /might/ be enough, as you'll have them on the filesystem, but not in
mail.

If you want them in mail, you can of course then take all the messages
and attach them to a mail message, so it's one mail message containing as
attachments all the text files that are news messages.  Again, depending
on exactly how you planned to use them, this might be sufficient, or
not.  You have them in mail that way, but not as attachments to a single
message, not as individual messages.

If neither of those suffices I believe you're back to working them one by
one.