pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] A delete private data option?

From: Paul Crawford
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] A delete private data option?
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:38:07 +0000

walt wrote:
The standard mechanism on the unix side of the fence is to record
the 'already read' data in a 'newsrc' file.  pan stores one newsrc
file for each server in .pan2/newsrc-1 (2,3,etc).

OK, I see that now. I had seen it was a list of group titles, but did not realise it also stored the accessed articles.

The headers you download are stored in .pan2/groups/ and could
easily be deleted, of course, but you'd have to download them
again every time you visit the group. Kind of expensive for binary groups.

I was not planning/suggesting deleting by default each time (I am not that paranoid!) but it seemed like a good thing to have the options for.

Still, should be trivial to have a script that would do the necessary file clear/delete actions.

Regards, Paul