pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Save attachment file permissions

From: Paul Crawford
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Save attachment file permissions
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:35:30 +0000

walt wrote:
<append key="volume.mount.valid_options" type="strlist">noexec</append> <=================== look

And there are more options suitable for fat filesystems, which
is the default for usb sticks.

I noticed later it also has 'exec' in my system which seemed contradictory, oh well, a lot to poke at later...

You are rightly concerned about the security holes you mentioned,
so better to spend an hour or two now learning how to use hal
than to spend countless hours fixing messes after they happen,
yes?

Exactly!

If I knew how to do it I'd happily explain it to you -- but
I'm hoping you'll explain it to me sometime :o)

If I find out, I will!

Regards, Paul