pan-users

[Pan-users] weird behavior

From: John Lindsay
Subject: [Pan-users] weird behavior
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 07:24:25 -0500

I started up Pan( 0.132) this week after not using it for 2 weeks and had some rather strange behavior. I had only the group panel visible and the header and body panels tabbed. It took some time before Pan would 'hold' the 3 panels visible screen that I was familiar with. The only remaining issue is that the indicators that show whether the article is text or binary is totally missing. If I look at the header screen to the left of the word 'subject' I see a very thin grey line but I am unable to latch on to it to expand that section. To the left of the headers is a blank space of 2 or 3 character widths which I assume is where those indicators should be. Under view, headers, 'thread headers is checked', 'show matching articles' is checked, and all 'match scores' are checked except for the lat one of match score -9999. In the body pane everything is checked. So basically -- how do I get those indicators to reappear? The distro is Debian Lenny.

Thanks

John

PS this is the first time Pan has given me issues. Up untill now it has been very stable and worked great under fedora, opensuse, ubuntu and some other distros that I have play with.