pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan hanging on exit

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan hanging on exit
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:45:54 +0000 (UTC)

Joe Zeff posted on Mon, 24 Aug 2009 10:23:33 -0700 as excerpted:

> I found at-spi-registry running and did the dirty with yet another kill
> -9.  It's gone.  Alas, pan is still hanging on exit.  I take it, then,
> that there was nothing in the late messages from debug to give a hint.

I don't know, I didn't see anything, but I'm not a coder.  So I'd
normally only see it if it happened to match something I knew about
either from reports here, or from elsewhere.

Of course, the fact that I run KDE as my desktop of choice, not GNOME,
doesn't help much in this case either.  There's a definite limit to how
effective one's debugging is if it's on a desktop he's not familiar with,
he's not a coder so doesn't get much clue from the procedure stack, etc,
in the debugger, AND is trying to help remotely over a list/group
interface, not locally, where other computer behavior cues often offer
hints that can be followed up by trial and error tests, etc.