pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: [Off-topic] Re: Re: Advice on other lists

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: [Off-topic] Re: Re: Advice on other lists
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 06:37:43 +0000 (UTC)

Ron Johnson posted on Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:07:31 -0500 as excerpted:

>> Yes, but think of it... you're driving along a lonely country road when
>> aliens abduct you and take you up to the mothership. Hu-man," they say,
>> "Emperor Xymatvfg!ohq has sent us to des-troy your dis-gusting plan-et
>> unless you immediately give us the rare 1986 recording of 'Still in
>> Hollywood' from Concrete Blonde's self-titled album."
>
> WTF is Concrete Blonde?

Here, let me find a song or two to play and you can hear for yourself...

=:^)

More seriously, it's /possible/[1] you remember the pop-single "Joey",
from the "Bloodletting" album of 1990.  Anyway, wp: it![2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_Blonde

... And here's the gg:[2] version:

http://www.google.com/search?q=concrete blonde&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

[1] If you were around in that era. I distinctly remember the time I was
enthusiastically describing Stix, Killroy was here, and suddenly realized
that the guy I was talking to might well have been /born/ the year it
came out! Yeah, that's when I realized I must be getting /old/!  But of
course "getting old" is better than the only alternative...

[2] wp: is the (configurable) KDE "web shortcut" to search the term
specified after the colon on Wikipedia, just as gg: searches on Google,
etc...