pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Advice on other lists

From: Rob
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Advice on other lists
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:07:48 -0400

On Wednesday 26 August 2009 01:09 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
> But he could have spent his money on an MP3 player which, in order
> to keep costs reasonable, trades high capacity for higher quality sound.
> If such a beast even exists...

My 160GB Archos cost less than an 80GB iPod when I bought it, and I'm
pretty sure both of them have sound quality that's better than my laptop,
because it wouldn't take much.  Also, since I listen to music far more
often in my car than at home, the only real music use for my PCs is as
cheap storage, organization and backup.

> <flame>
> That's the difference between the Puritans who worked hard and
> became rich, and the ex-hippies who have presided over the
> destruction of the country?
> </flame>

Hey, hippies (and their equally empty-headed moral descendants, showing up
at staged "town hall" meetings now to protest the looming spectre of having
to pay less for a necessity) only burned people in effigy.  Those Puritans
of whom you speak actually burned people alive, and ultimately overthrew
their government violently.  Imagine if the hippies had actually taken up
arms en masse rather than discovering cocaine, market speculation, and
Apple products.

Rob