pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Advice on other lists

From: Ron Johnson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Advice on other lists
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:46:58 -0500

On 2009-08-26 12:52, Rob wrote:
On Tuesday 25 August 2009 02:43 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
However did we survive in the eras of CDs, cassette tapes, 8-track
tapes, transistor radios, or before?

We also survived in the days before email, yet here you are.

And I could still live without it...

A better example would be high-speed internet or ever-faster CPUs.

People in places like ROK and Sweden brag on their 100Mbps internet connections, but 8Mbps is more than adequate for my needs, even when downloading movies.

Same with CPUs: an AMD64x2 4000+ and nvidia 7300 meet all my needs. As far as RAM, I went to 1GB about 5 years ago, and it was Good Enough. When I got a new mobo a couple of years ago, RAM was so cheap, I just had to go with 8GB, and I can't see myself needing more for quite a number of years.

--
Obsession with "preserving cultural heritage" is a racist impediment
to moral, physical and intellectual progress.