pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: So, what's left before 1.0?

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: So, what's left before 1.0?
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 17:14:54 -0800

On 11/07/2009 03:13 PM, Dave wrote:

Now I need to find out how to run two separate instances of Pan such that
ne'er the twain shall meet.  I prefer to keep binaries and text groups apart
since I normally read my text groups while downloading headers and then
articles from binaries.

Duncan has posted the method several times to this list, so I got this from
him :o)  You can probably google on PAN_HOME to read his old posts.

Start the second instance of pan with the PAN_HOME variable set to an
alternative to the ~/.pan directory like this:

$PAN_HOME=~/.pan-binary  pan

This will create a new directory ~/.pan-binary, where pan will store all of
its stuff relating to binary groups.

To change subjects in mid-stream, I just noticed that K. Haley has added
the patch to store all downloads as non-executable.  Someone asked about
that not too long ago but I don't know which thread it was in.