pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: The "no-break-space" problem, aka "blank" posts, tha

From: Wayne E. Nail
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: The "no-break-space" problem, aka "blank" posts, that shouldn't be
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 11:36:43 -0500

On Sat, 2009-12-26 at 22:50 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> (My inet connection is up and down today, not nice with voip!  I just got
> a new DOCSIS 3 cable modem, the new Motorola sb6120, but unfortunately,
> unlike earlier Motorolas, it doesn't have a useful diagnostics interface
> at http://192.168.100.1... or the cableco hasn't enabled it.  All I get
> is the basic step-by-step connection thing, which the LEDs on the front
> basically give the same info, not even the usual downstream power and SNR
> and upstream power readings, that would tell me what my signal levels
> are.  But they were borderline on the old modem.  I think I'll have to
> have a tech out one of these days.  But I might be moving soon to, so I
> don't know...)

You likely already know this, but you can get free Haxorware firmware
for the SB6120 from http://www.haxorware.com/ and there's lots of
information about it over at http://www.sbhacker.net (free registration
if you can prove you're human and can read black on black type).
Disclaimer: I haven't encountered or messed with this modem in the
field. Yet.