pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: The "no-break-space" problem, aka "blank" posts, that sh

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: The "no-break-space" problem, aka "blank" posts, that shouldn't be
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 13:09:52 -0800

On 12/26/2009 12:44 PM, Duncan wrote:
walt posted on Sat, 26 Dec 2009 15:24:35 +0000 as excerpted:

OTOH, if anyone could explain this diagram to me, I'd be grateful:

http://github.com/lostcoder/pan2/network

Well, there's a blog that tries to explain the graph, so I'll go read
that before I tear my hair out.

Explain a blank page (konqueoror), or a page with a nice big square with
a no-script icon on it (icecat)?  Sure.  Hovering over the icon says it's
a flash object.  Since flash is proprietary, I don't have it installed,
thus the big blank boxes...

Ah, I didn't notice that it's flash. The diagram is hoverable and clickable,
so it's much clearer now.  But I agree, the same diagram could have been
drawn with other technology, perhaps not as easily.  Fighting flash is an
uphill battle these days, just like your other fave, java ;o)