pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: The "no-break-space" problem, aka "blank" posts, th

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: The "no-break-space" problem, aka "blank" posts, that shouldn't be
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:11:03 -0800

On 12/11/2009 04:48 PM, Duncan wrote:
walt posted on Fri, 11 Dec 2009 14:29:08 -0800 as excerpted:

Here's what I have:

$git branch
    master
* testing

$git checkout master
Switched to branch 'master'

$git branch
* master
    testing

$git checkout testing
Switched to branch 'testing'

OK, I think I know what's wrong.  The git eclass used by the script
probably just pulls the one branch, master.  That'd be why git
checkout<tab>  didn't list testing as an auto-complete possibility, only
tags.

Oooh, boy, we're diverging here, because I pull from Junio's git.git
repository every morning to get the latest fixes/latest bugs from the
ultimate git source.  I don't use the gentoo git package at all.

Do you run git kernels also?

Yes, I update from linus.git every morning right after updating from Junio.

I am, and have been regularly doing git
bisects for... several kernels now, when I see issues.  But you're right,
it's still largely black magic here, too.  The last bug, in 2.6.32, I
never /did/ find.  When I come back from hibernate, sometimes I lose...

The Linux Kernel Mailing List (lkml) currently has the longest thread in
the history of my (crappy) memory about resuming from hibernate, and its
multiple complications.  I can't even begin to understand all the details.