pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: The "no-break-space" problem, aka "blank" posts, that sh

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: The "no-break-space" problem, aka "blank" posts, that shouldn't be
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 00:33:37 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan posted on Thu, 03 Dec 2009 23:36:41 +0000 as excerpted:

> Duncan posted on Thu, 03 Dec 2009 21:37:37 +0000 as excerpted:

>> From: Rajat Rajput
>> <address@hidden> Newsgroups:
>> gmane.comp.kde.linux
>> Subject: kwin - X - opengl
>
> Hmm... now it's displaying just fine!  Maybe all I had to do was post
> about it! =:^)
>
> ...  Actually, more likely, it was one of the system updates I just did.
> There's nothing that should really affect that (openssl, openrc, the
> Gentoo initscript package, etc)... except glibc, which I just updated.
> That could be it!  It was a gentoo revision only bump, but the changelog
> did mention something about patching some issues... maybe that was one
> of them.

I figured it out!  It's NOT that glibc update!

It's a bug in pan's wrapping code!  When I have wrap-article body turned
OFF, it displays fine (but of course the post might need horizontal
scrolling to read).  When wrap article body is toggled ON, said body
disappears entirely.  I suppose that makes a bit of sense, since
no-break-space means don't wrap the article there (hmm... if it's not
displayed, is that wrapped or not? =:^) , so having that trigger a bug
having to do with wrapping definitely makes sense.

Well, at least I know how to work around the bug, now, and we know it is
indeed in pan and what area of the code to start looking in.