pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Many Binaries Cannot Be Shown In Pan

From: Zing
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Many Binaries Cannot Be Shown In Pan
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 00:32:18 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 23:30:03 +0000, David Shochat wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 23:18:50 +0000, Zing wrote:
>
>> $ git clone -b integration git://github.com/lostcoder/pan2
>> $ cd pan2
>
> What is the significance of "-b integration"?

It checkouts the branch named integration in the remote git repo, instead
of the default (which could be anything, but usually called master).  I
didn't realize... that option must have been added "recently".

> I did it without that,
> based on a post from July that I found in the archives. It built ok, but
> it sounds like I now may have the wrong version. Do I need to start
> over?

not at all... walt explained this, you can "git checkout origin/
integration" to see what that looks like (you may have to do a "git fetch"
before to "sync" up your copy of the repository to the remote).  You can
see the remote branches you have with "git branch -r".

Developers using git tend to use lots of branches and then throw them
away.  You just kind of have to follow along and see where the commits are
happening, which I leave as an exercise to the reader as the thread is
going offtopic. :)