pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Syncing Pan and Laptop.

From: Zan Lynx
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Syncing Pan and Laptop.
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:54:10 -0600

On 6/23/10 1:01 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
I've renamed this, because it has nothing to do with the original
subject, and I don't like hijacking a thread.

On 06/23/2010 10:57 AM, Zan Lynx wrote:
Use rsync. It'll make the transfer back go much faster. Plus it's just
an great program.

Looks like a good idea. Thanx. One question: I have ssh access, and can
do ftp over it. Do I establish the ssh session first, then use rsync, or
let it establish the connection?

I always let rsync do it. It knows how to use ssh. It'll need a rsync binary on the other side of the connection too. It ssh's in, runs another rsync and the two talk to each other.

--
Zan Lynx
address@hidden

"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."