pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Syncing Pan and Laptop.

From: Zan Lynx
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Syncing Pan and Laptop.
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:38:41 -0600

On 6/23/10 2:32 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

The only advantage of rsync is if you're updating data that's already in
place on the laptop to bring it in sync with the data on your PC. I
say "only advantage", but that's where rsync shines, and it's a *big*
advantage.

Don't get me wrong, rsync is a brilliant hammer, for when you need a
hammer. But when you need a screwdriver, use scp.

When I suggested rsync I was thinking of the case when he's done with the laptop and wants to get his .pan2 back to his main computer.

--
Zan Lynx
address@hidden

"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."