pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Articles Pan Can't Read

From: andreas nastke
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Articles Pan Can't Read
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 10:44:10 +0200

just tried an old 0.119 windows version which happened to be installed
in the office and all five article-bodies are displayed (using giganews)

Mark S Bilk schrieb:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 05:38:28AM +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 22:20:56 -0700, Mark S Bilk wrote:

Knode can read all of them.  Pan can read 1 and 2, but originally could
only see the headers of 3, 4, and 5.  It said each of those contained
over 800 lines.
I haven't got a 'normal' USENET server in my servers list, but something I've found is that turning line wrap on/off or turning quoting on/off will change the visibility of a message. You might try that and see if that changes the behaviour.

I removed ~/.pan2 to eliminate any effects of caching, etc., and restarted Pan. I could see the headers of all 5 articles, but could only read #1 and 2. I tried all four combinations of
View/Body-Pane/Wrap-Article-Body on and off

and

View/Body-Pane/Mute-Quoted-Text  on and off

but I couldn't read articles 3, 4, or 5 with any combination.

Thanks anyway!

Mit besten Grüßen / Kind Regards

Andreas Nastke
IT System Management

g/d/p Markt- und Meinungsumfragen GmbH
Ein Unternehmen der Forschungsgruppe g/d/p
Richardstr. 18
22081 Hamburg

Fon: +49 (0)40 / 29876-117
Fax: +49 (0)40 / 29876-127

address@hidden
http://www.gdp-group.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft ist Hamburg, Handelsregister Hamburg, HRB 40482
Geschäftsführer: Christa Braaß, Volker Rohweder

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If
you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender and  delete
this e-mail from your whole system. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure
or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.