pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Small portability issue

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Small portability issue
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 13:16:32 +0000 (UTC)

Rhialto posted on Wed, 09 May 2012 13:48:36 +0200 as excerpted:

> Also, "git: not found" seems to indicate that "git" is used in
> configure?

All that is, is the detection "magic" for the git commit info as found in
pan's about box and user-agent string, when it's built from git.  (See my
headers, for instance.)  Obviously in that case git will be available.
If it's not, pan simply assumes a conventional versioned tarball and puts
only that info in the string.

So no big deal there.  It falls back as it should, and obviously if
someone's building from git, they should have git available to report it
so...