pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Win32 build of 0.138 up

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Win32 build of 0.138 up
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 18:24:29 +0100

On 18 June 2012 17:31, Heinrich Müller <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am Mon, 18 Jun 2012 00:07:28 +0100 schrieb Steve Davies:
>
>> As the title says, the usual location now has a 0.138 Pan Win32 build
>> with Spelling and TLS enabled.
>>
>>     http://sites.google.com/site/paninstall/
>>
>> I did manage to crash it once, so have flagged it experimental, but TLS
>> seems to be working okay. I think I probably crashed it by reconfiguring
>> a server to TLS while it had non-TLS ports open.
>>
>> Enjoy,
>> Steve
>
> Could you try to write a little tutorial for me explaining how do you do
> your builds in Windows? Perhaps here ? https://live.gnome.org/Pan
>
> Cheers.

I can try, but most of it is...

while ( complie errors > 0 ) {
   scratch head
   use google
   flounder a bit
   fix errors
}
smile

I have a couple of 4 or 5 line helper scripts, which you are welcome
to, but most of what I do is straight out of "README.mingw" that is in
the Pan repo already. Most errors are of the nature of trying to get
hold of a recent version of a library that is needed, or build it
myself.

For example, I build gmime manually in order to disable the crypto
bits that don't work properly under Win32, and some bits I build
static version of to simplify deployment.

In fact with a recent Mingw/Msys, one of the hardest bits (a decent
version of Perl and intltool) is now included in the package, and a
win32 pre-build of gnutls 3.0.20 was just made available so I can
discard my sad attempts to build it.

I looked at  https://live.gnome.org/Pan and got a "500 Server error" ???

Regards,
Steve