pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Win32 build of 0.138 up

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Win32 build of 0.138 up
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 18:39:07 +0100

On 18 June 2012 17:18, Heinrich Müller <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am Mon, 18 Jun 2012 08:56:29 +0100 schrieb Steve Davies:
>
>> This build does seem quite unstable under Win32, and on a Unix system I
>> know exactly how to debug it, but under MinGW???
>>
>> It would appear that it is getting part way through the files/configs
>> saving process, and failing, leaving a load of .tmp files behind. When
>> trying to re-start, this often causes an exception, probably due to
>> mis-matched elements of the config.
>>
>> Suggestions on how top put Pan into a more verbose mode under Windows
>> anyone? I cannot see any obvious comand-line options for that.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>
> Ok, I'll see that I can revert some stuff and then look into it.
>
> Cheers.

I'll be happy to do the debugging if there is a way to run Pan in the
foreground, and/or if I can attach a copy of gdb to the running
process. I just looked, and gdb does exist, so that may be an option.

I am closing in on part of the issue. It MIGHT be that it does not
like using a non-standard port number in servers.xml. My news server
provides TLS secured NNTP on port 443 for convenience. If I enable
that, I can be sure it will start crashing on me next time I restart.

S.