pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] SSL not supported?

From: Mike Brown
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] SSL not supported?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 01:19:19 -0500

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:52:13PM -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> Well, of course; what else did you expect?  Fedora 14 is well past its EOL,
> and there are no further updates of any kind, even security updates.  If
> you dislike the new Gnome as much as I do, try migrating to a different DE;
> personally, I'm quite happy with Xfce.

Ya, I know F14 is out-of-date :-(

I did some more digging and the reason that the pan configure didn't find
the gmime package is that whoever created the rpm for it did not include the
gmime.pc file for installation into /usr/share/pkgconfig.

I've run across this issue before.  Forgetting that it was with pan 0.135,
when I tried to compile it.

IMHO, using pkg-config to find stuff is extremely unreliable.  Better to
look for the actual lib files and check the version that is part of the
file name, rather than expect a package to have the needed "pc" file.

How is anyone even able to compile pan when the gmime.pc file doesn't even
exist?  I suspect that there will be other files it will bitch about.

MB
--
e-mail: address@hidden | address@hidden            /~\ The ASCII
        address@hidden (140 char limit)       \ / Ribbon Campaign