pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] SSL not supported?

From: Petr Kovar
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] SSL not supported?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 18:48:32 +0200

Hi all,

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 04:19:09 -0500
Mike Brown <address@hidden> wrote:

> See above regarding the update.  I'm currently at least 2 OS versions
> out-of-date, with F17 just recently being released.  I'm not sure yet if I
> am going to go with mate or cinnamon.  AFAIK, I can't go to F17 until mate
> and/or cinnamon are updated for F17.
>
> But, I'll keep in mind that SSL might not work.  And if not, maybe I can
> supply info that will help getting it fixed.  Of course, that will probably
> require doing a compile with debug enabled and right now, compiling doesn't
> work. :-(

With the 0.138 package update for Fedora 17, I had to disable SSL support
due to its instability. (The 0.138 update is currently in testing repos.)

Because Pan 0.138 requires GnuTLS 3.0 and this GnuTLS version is not
currently available for any version of Fedora (only GnuTLS 2.x is), we are
waiting for the GnuTLS package maintainers to package the recent enough
version for us.

Cheers,
Petr Kovar